Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A legend dies and a closet is bare

It's such a sad day when a legend like Elizabeth Taylor dies.   She died at the age of 79.  She was a powerful beautiful woman who had her fair share of weddings.  She was married 8 times.  Geesh.  I can't even get through one. :) She was well known for her beauty and classic Hollywood style.


A few of my favorite wedding and non-wedding quotes by her:

“My mother says I didn’t open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked.”

"Big girls need big diamonds. "

"It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting. "
"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. "

And the bare closet...

My dress is at the seamstress.  I took my dress 5 scary blocks ( I had to dodge drunks and hipsters with coffee the whole way)to the seastress to what I thought would be an easy job.  Turns out it isn't (is it ever?) and will take 4 weeks...and a lot more money than I had hoped.  Sigh.  To be cont...

Has this ever happened to you? You expect something to be easy, and it turns out to be an overhaul? Of course it has tell me about it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you for commenting!