Friday, March 18, 2011

Hello, my name is Elena and,yes, I am a flower stalker.

It feels like as soon as I got engaged I began to stalk flowers and the florists around my house.  See...I love roses I do, but I am obsessed with daisies.  I started out thinking I wanted to walk down the aisle holding a handful of wild daisies while the bridesmaids were holding Gerber daisies. 
Then I started looking at bridal magazines remembering my long love for roses.  I even have two rose tattoos.  Roses have always meant something special to me.  See they reminds me that everything beautiful has to first develop from a bud and may encounter a thorn or two along their way.  They remind me of life.  To achieve anything great, you will certainly hit a bump along they way(or a thorn).  It also reminds me to be thankful for the hard times (thorns) as well as the good times (rose petals).  This is from a poem I once read:

 "My God, I have never thanked You for my thorns.
    I have thanked You a thousand times for my roses, but never once for my thorns.
    Teach me the glory of the cross I bear;
    Teach me the value of my thorns.
    Show me that I have climbed closer to You along the path of pain;
    Show me that, through my tears, the colors of Your rainbow look much more brilliant."

So that being said, how could I walk down the aisle without a rose bouquet?  I began to consider roses....but then what color??? White to signify the innocence?? Yellow, but wait doesn't yellow mean "friendship"?? And red doesn't really go with our color scheme (yellow,orange, and blue).
Then I thought what if I combined the daisies and the roses?


But then deep in my flower stalking I remembered how much I adore pink roses...and I know there is no chance in H. E. double hockey sticks James is letting me mention the color pink at the wedding let along have it anywhere.  It hit me, I need want a colorful bouquet!! So the hunt began...
I like the colors...but where are the roses?
Closer...
My bouquet...I love it.

What do you guys think?  What is your favorite flower and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you for commenting!