Saturday, March 12, 2011

The doorhangers

Early on in the wedding process we saw a post from our amazing wedding planner Kristen at Swankey Events.  She posted a favor from a wedding where the bride and groom gave out "do not disturb doorhangers."  We fell in love with it!! And then the hunting began.  I have googled and binged my way around the world wide web, and finally the creativity bug hit me today! We knew we wanted one side to be in chalk paint, because we would use any excuse to use chalk paint (it's just neat) and we thought the guests could have fun with it after the wedding.  They could leave messages for room mates, kids, or loved ones.  Then the hunt went on for card stock paper thick enough for a doorhanger.  Here is my first attempt at it:
I printed it in white and yellow...
Thin I cut the whole...
Whipped out the old chalk board paint... BTW...the first time I have ever used spray paint
Added some glue...
My first thought was to only spray a rectangle..
Umm ..yes I cut the rectangle out of my invitation printing instructions.
Who knew you need a screwdriver to open a spray can...
Ummm...I am not quitting my day job.
I just went for it...
And now time to dry...
A very bored Daisy May...
This is no fun at all..
Finished product...ok so I learned that the paint get's everywhere...I am guessing I need to tape the paper down.
The back side...Still a little wet but writable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you for commenting!