· Smart-Can hold a intellectual conversation about life and all of its wonders.
· Loving- Can tell how much he loves me either quietly before going to bed or screaming it out the window.
· Honest- Could never tell a lie to me and sleep that same night.
· Caring- Cares about my feelings and my well-being. He would never let me cry alone.
· Affectionate-Holds my hand in public and has his arm around me at dinner with friends.
· Family Oriented-Wants to be called daddy someday and loves his mother.
· Funny- Knows how to light me up with belly hurting laughter.
· Charismatic- Could charm the pants of an Eskimo in the dead of winter.
I created a similar list months (maybe weeks) before I met James. He has not only fit directly into my list, but he is everything and more than I could ever have dreamed of. I thank God for unanswered prayers and knowing the right person to place into my heart. I still blame Disney and Ken for creating a “perfect love” in my mind, but in my heart I know with every challenge we will grow and become that “perfect couple” in marriage and in life. So Ladies…I give you the biggest contributor to our high expectations and love life let downs…yes…The Notebook.
But what you can take from their story…yes I know the man dies to be with her…becomes a bird to life the lives together…fights to win her back…but that’s just it…true love…real love is hard. It has it’s ups and downs and we should be lucky to have found it in the first place and honor each day we have with that special person, because that’s just it…life is too short.
So I ask you? Who or what love story ruined your love life? Was it Barbie? Cinderella? Snow White? Sleeping Beauty? Rapunzel? Ariel? Should I go on? And what has been your shining light to get through the hard times and let downs?