Friday, August 12, 2011

The Hen Party

This blog needs a soundtrack...


Tonight at 6pm I leave for my last adventure and the end of a true ERA to a new beginning in 49 days!  This last week has made me wonder-why do we have these parties?  Is it to release wedding stress?  Is it a last single night out? Is it a reason to act silly and crazy? So I turned to Wikipedia for my answers and Google Gods of course.


(Gentlemen pay attention)
"The bachelorette party is modeled after the bachelor party,[2] which is itself historically a dinner given by the bridegroom to his friends shortly before his wedding.[3] Despite its reputation as "a sodden farewell to bachelor days" or "an evening of debauchery," a bachelorette's party is simply a party, given in honor of the bride-to-be, in the style that is common to that social circle."
(I'm pretty sure it said "dinner"...don't even give me strip clubs have food either!). =)

In Ireland bachelorette parties are called Hen Parties...and Africa it's an Afternoon Tea...in Canada it's stagette.  And you thought you wouldn't learn anything today.

Mine...well...mine...ummm....mine?...I am not sure.  What I am hoping for is time with friends...laying in bed with my BFF watching tv like the old days (do I dare break out the MOOMOO?)...followed by an afternoon by the pool...followed by seeing all of "my crew" that made me the woman I am today and made my 20's a true blllurrrrr...a phone call to my chicas that couldn't make the trip then off to never-never land aka Hardrock...ummm...it's going to be a blastie blast.

I am so lucky to have the opportunity to spend a weekend away from wedding and studying to see my old friends and meet my nephew!!  I am so excited! And promise to post a few pictures from the shaningans. 

So cheers to you all and for all of you close by...I will see you tomorrow night!
Have a good weekend...and gentlemen please be kind to my future husband.

Wikipedia's definition of "kind"
do not let him drink too much..touch too much...flirt too much..anything else too much... muchos gracias. The word the weekend is moderation. :0 AND have fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you for commenting!