Sunday, June 12, 2011

Are you a Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime?

Many friends grow apart and drift away as we get older.  Happens to the best of us...I mean Christopher Robin said good bye to good ol' Winnie the Pooh and Puff the Magic was sadly let go from a dear friendship as well.  Both loving characters who we all adore! It's made me think...and consider I am thankful for the friends I have and had along my way.  Some of brought me many years of laughter and comfort and some have brought me tears.  Some friends you fight to stay close and some you realize it's better left alone and neither of you are benefiting from the friendship anymore.  Friends are suppose to love and support each other.  Be there in good times and bad times.  Friends are not suppose to be nice to your face and then later bad mouth you to others.  Seems childish and unfair.  I have come to learn to have my heart on my sleeve whether good or bad...if I like you, I like you and if I don't so be it...it wasn't meant to be.  One of my biggest flaws is letting people go who I have once loved even when I know it's for the best.

 It made me remember this poem I read:

Reason, Season, or Lifetime
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

— Unknown
For those friends who have come and gone...I am grateful to have had you and those who are lifetime friends ..you amaze me everyday and I love you for being here for me through this wedding planning-good times, crazy times, and bad times!  Some people really want only to see you happy and I am so fortunate to have a few of the many I have standing beside me on the biggest day of my life! Thank you. :)



When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you for commenting!