Monday, September 26, 2011

Rose are red...

Hi Everyone. So here we are.  It's the wedding week. Insert shock..denial..shock...excitement...denial...shock..and sometimes all at once.  We are so excited to wake up Wednesday morning to jump on a plane and fly into Fort Lauderdale to start our journey.   


Things I know...things may not go as planned nor have they thus far..but I do know I am marrying my best friend and that's all that matters.  Engagement and weddings are stressful and not at all what they seem to be in a little girl's eyes.  There are budget fights, angry mothers, so many dresses, buyer's remorse, realizing your friends have lives, RSVP's...oh the RSVP's, the planning, the vendors who never answer calls or emails, all of the fun, but at the end of the day it's one day.  It's one day where I will go from a girlfriend to a wife to begin our own little family while adding to two families we've grown to appreciate more than ever after this year.  He and I will be family now and forever.  THAT I love..and am super duper excited about! 


I am so excited about the wedding and I know at the end of the day (actually the beginning of Saturday am) all of the little things won't matter...the fights will disappear...the problems will disappear...the only thing that will matter is him and I. 


It's funny at least once an hour, someone will tell me "don't worry" or "why aren't you excited?"  I can list those things here, but I am not going to.  I am going to leave them all behind me from this point forward.  Dear Troubles, I will see you in a week from tomorrow.  So effe off.  I am punching out. 


Just a few things that I would like to send a positive thought out to before I go and leave you too... 


Dear Flower peeps, please, please no red roses in my bouquet.  I am not sure where you got that info...


Dear Veil lady, you got one more day lady...


Dear Bank, gimmie my money back.  For those of you who don't know, my credit card number got stolen and a thief helped himself to our wedding money.


To my family and friends...save the drama for your mama! Notice I said my. :) Seriously, I am looking forward to having you all close in a loving positive manner.  As my friend, Nina, says I am a changed woman with my honey...so please get to know the new me...  That's all I ask. You DO all mean the world to me or you wouldn't be at the wedding. SO, let's share the good times. 


And to most of all to my blog lovers and followers...I thank you for reading and following me along the journey in my engagement.  It may not have been the smoothest...but it allows me to cherish the good days, the good friends and most of all the love of my life and the day my dreams will come true next Saturday...rain or shine...red or white roses...cake or no cake...it is my dream wedding thanks to all of you and most of all my Jimmy.  Thank you for your love and support.  I will always hold it close.  You all have been my therapy and that friend at the end of the line through this.  Just knowing you read when I post...it's just so touching to me.  I can't thank you enough for being my friend.  




Ta Ta for now...see you on the other side!


BTW...no rain on the forecast:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you for commenting!