Friday, September 23, 2011

Isn't it ironic

Hi All. I cannot believe next week this time, I will be waking up on my wedding day! No...really I can't believe it. Really, isn't it June and I am still 24?  I was telling a friend last night that I think with all of the excitement my psyche has only processed certain things at a time or, as my friend Michelle, would say I would explode with excitement from overload! Funny, last night I was going through the first dance in my head as I lied down to sleep(something I have done since I was 12), and it dawned on me that would be after the ceremony where we. got. married. Oh em gee. So apparently, it's starting to set in a little bit at a time...and it's exciting to me finally!:) 


So, as any Florida hurricane season bride-to-be would do, I have begun obsessing paying attention to the weather. The good news is Fla weather is ever changing.  I always said I would love to be a South Fla weather man.  You wake up.  Shake your head.  Put on a pin stripe suit and several rings.  Go spray tan.  Put on makeup and hair like you are going to prom.  Then stand in front of a blue screen and say," partly cloudy, 60% chance of afternoon rain."  Until there is a hurricane, your job is pretty much the same year round...it just is. 


So what's the forecast you ask... here it is...mom, sit down and read.







What's that saying all you kids are saying now-a-days? Oh ya..FML.   Mom-that means for my love.


Ugh...rain...so what shall we do.  Well, the reception is under a tent but yes it does kind of ruin the whole sunset wedding on the beach if it's raining cats and dogs carrying lightning bolts.  So what do we do? We pray. Kids..I need your prayers to Mother Nature and well...whatever you pray to ..your higher up. I am going to stay in faith and worse case scenario bring your umbrellas...and tissues for me. 




On the other hand, some say rain on your wedding day is a sign of good luck (that person had an inside wedding I am certain of).  Let's turn to the wiki gods and ask them...


"Rain on your wedding day means the atmosphere was sufficiently unstable to support enough rising air and consequently, precipitation. 
What else could it mean?
Your wedding day was someone
else's funeral, another person's graduation, another person's car accident, and just another day for another 60 million people who experienced rain that day.

== Cultural Meaning == In some cultures rain is good luck, and can represent cleansing or stronger unity in the marriage.It comes from several cultures mainly from the Hindu with the idea that a wet knot is harder to untie. Since marriage is often referred to as tying the knot. Rain was also a symbol of fertility to agricultural societies, since rain restored and maintained the wellness of crops. Crops were peoples main source of stability and income so it was thought to guarantee a long happy marriage!


Read more: 
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_rain_on_your_wedding_day_good_or_bad_luck#ixzz1Yn20WM7v


It also can make for some unique pictures...



And of course it could be worse...




No matter what happens...in the words of my favorite two 80's funny men..."Game on"

See you guys soon! And besides only the best love scene in the world was made during the rain...remember the scene from the Notebook.  Somehow I don't think it would have been romantic with the sun shining in the background. Hmmm. Oh and if you didn't get my Alanis Morisette throw back, here's a refresher course! 
Chow lovies!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you for commenting!